Say it

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Staying in Tune

Anytime I go to my Grandma's house, I get her old guitar out of the top shelf of the closet and do a little bit of general maintenance on it before I play. Sitting for so long, it always needs tuned up and often new strings. Anytime something sits in one place, it starts deteriorating.
Even after a week a guitar will usually need tuned. It's the same way with your relationship with God. When we ignore him for a day or a week we get out of tune. We fall away from that fresh, beautiful place. I've been working pretty hard lately on staying in tune and thought I would share some of the fruit...

We were having a relaxing evening at home with my Nana and Papa when the phone rang. Mrs. Nice Lady had called because the other nice little old lady down the road had gone missing! She asked us all to come down and help search for her. As this as had happened multiple times before, I really did not want to, but did it anyway. As I was riding my XR-100 down the road, I felt like God told me that I was going to find her. When I got there only a few people were there searching! I set off down a trail through the woods, calling (we'll call her Maggie May)'s name. After about an hour or so, it was getting dark and I was getting nervous for her. I dropped to my knees and starting praying in tongues. As I was praying I saw a vision of Maggie May in the tall grass holding a stick, her dogs all around her. I continued to search for awhile until I came to a meadow. A big, fluffy dog came to the edge of the meadow. I followed it through the tall grass where I found Maggie May! She was confused, but I was able to lead her by the hand back to the trail. I fired three signal shots with my Ruger 45. Colt, then left her on the trail with her dogs. I ran into Mr. Nice Guy and the neighbor kid who had radios. Walking back to Maggie May with Mr. Nice Guy, I filled him in on the details. Somebody drove a truck in to get Maggie May. She was pretty healthy, but tired.
I was glad that I heard God and went to bed that night feeling pretty satisfied.
~Kiana

No comments: